PC Cooling and Lighting
Not really needed, but for fun and a good learning experience, the kids and I added some DEEPCOOL motherboard controlled cooling and lighting to a custom PC build.
- Fans: DEEPCOOL RF 120 M - $49.99
- Heatsink: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GT V2 - $39.99
- RGB Lighting: DEEPCOOL RGB 200 EX - $17.99
Budget Custom PC Build
Spent social distancing time teaching the kids how to build a custom PC. Total price of computer was about $400 CDN (not including peripherals). Most parts were purchased at Canada Computers in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
- Case: Cougar MX330 - $59.99
- Processor: Intel Pentium Gold G5400 - $79.99
- MotherBoard: Gigabyte B365M DS3h - $109.99
- Memory: VENGEANCE® LPX 8GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz - $59.99
- Hard Drive: Kingston A400 240GB SSD - $54.99
- Power Supply: EVGA 400 - $54.99
Robot Sumo Ring
Constructed a robot sumo ring for Week 8 activities at Humber College.
Date: October 2019
Raspberry Pi, LEGO, and a PS4 Controller
Built a Raspberry Pi/BrickPi LEGO® robot controlled using a PS4 controller.